"1893" Solid Brass Boom Lamp
In 1893 a Dental Surgeon turned Industrial Designer introduced lamps in this style at the Chicago Worlds Fair. They were a great success, and became an industrial standard for the next fifty years. The style has staged a comeback in recent years - originals are highly sought after and several modern versions are now being produced!
The "1893" is a beautiful and versatile boom lamp that can direct light wherever you need it. As pictured the 90 degree brass pole arm is 18" long and the brass drop arm is 24" long. The joints are solid brass and allow the lamp to articulate fully. The socket is brand new, solid brass, and U.L. rated. It features a key-style rotary switch to turn the lamp on and off. The 8" flat shade is also solid brass.
The plug-in version (pictured) is wired with 12 feet (total) of twisted black cloth covered cord. It accepts a standard light bulb (E26 socket) and is equipped with a high quality polarized phenolic repro plug. The hardwire version comes with a 5" cylindrical spun brass wall plate and mounting screws. Cord routing is slightly different that pictured for hardwire. but it still has the large exposed loop of cord between the arms.
A light bulb is not included unless you are located in California (California orders ship with a CFL bulb.)
These extension lamps are extremely versatile – install one or a pair in your living or reading area, or as a bedside lamp! They can be posed many different ways and provide excellent illumination. Form and function combined in a refined take on industrial style!
The "1893" is custom made-to-order just for you. Please click the "Delivery" tab beneath the pictures for details.
- All Photonic Studio Lighting is custom made-to-order
- Current lead time required to produce your order is 6-8 weeks.
- I am a one-man shop, so in certain circumstances cited lead time can increase. You will receive notification via email of any adjustment in the estimated ship date.
- If you have a specific deadline or need an order rushed, please contact me before purchasing.
- Standard shipping within the US is via USPS Parcel Select.
- International order are welcome!